Hults Bruk Arvika 5 Star Racing Axe
The Arvika 5-Star Racing Axe boasts a massive 4.5-pound, hand-forged Swedish steel axe head.
Designed for use on Australian hardwood, the wide 5.5-inch blade profile makes large V-shaped cuts in hard, knotty or frozen wood. The axe head is secured to a solid 32-inch American hickory handle with both a steel and wooden wedge. A great axe for practicing the standing chop, or as a workhorse for felling and splitting.
Arvika was its own forge in Sweden. In the early 1960s, Arvika ceased production and Hults Bruk purchased the brand and 5-Star pattern. For the next 50-years, Hults Bruk continued selling the Arvika 5-Star in select markets, making it a sought-after axe in the United States where it was previously unavailable until now.
- The axe head is hand-forged and made from Swedish axe steel in a foundry that has been in operation since 1697.
- As part of the hand grinding production process, the steel is struck multiple times thereby increasing its density and resulting in more durability of the axe.
- The head is constructed in such a way that there is a tempered zone designed to hold a very sharp edge even after many sharpenings.
- The curved hickory handle is treated with linseed oil.
- The Arvika is designed to be profiled and customized by the end-user, a practice recommended only for those with experience.
Hults Bruk Arvika Specs:
Overall Weight: 5.8 lb.
Head Weight: 4.5 lb.
Handle Length: 32"
Head: Solid Swedish steel
Handle: Solid American Hickory
Related products to consider
Thank you for visiting Makais